- cup whole milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, nutmeg, and all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- dash cayenne pepper give or take depending on taste
- dash white pepper give or take depending on taste
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion and seasonings. Let stand until crumbs absorb milk. Add meat, stir until well blended. Shape into 1 inch meatballs
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees until browned, about 18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees; drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and brown lightly. Slowly add broth; cook and stir until smooth and thickened. Blend in the cream, cayenne and white pepper. Gently stir in meatballs; heat through but do not boil
Korean Style Turkey and Rice Bowl
1/6 bunch of green onions
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons ginger paste (I used heaping amount)
2 teaspoons garlic paste (I used heaping amount)
16 ounces ground turkey breast
brown jasmine rice (it calls for precooked jasmine rice you cook in the microwave- I used regular brown jasmine rice and it was fine.
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 (13 oz) Asian chopped salad kit
(if you are cooking your rice account for 20 minutes extra- so get that started)
1. Preheat large nonstick skillet on medium high, 2-3 minutes. Slice green onions.
2. Pour oil in skillet, then stir in ginger and garlic paste; cook and stir 1 minute. Add turkey; cook 4-5 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, and until 165 F. Meanwhile, if you are microwaving rice – follow package directions.
3. Add Hoisin sauce and greens mix and dressing (from kit) to turkey; (I turned down the temperature to low not to wilt salad too much.) and stir 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve turkey mixture over rice with green onions, almonds and wonton strips from the kit.
- I don’t really have exact measurements. It’s more of going by the eye and taste.and this makes a big soup pot of healthy goodnessI use russet potatoes (3 lbs) washed and cubed ( l like using the skin – I have a thing of it having more nutritional value with the skin on)carrots ( I use the whole bag) cleaned and chopped into bite size (again skin on)celery stalk (cleaned and chopped- leaves and all)small onion- I like Vidalia onions- choppedthis is optional but I use about two or three finely chopped garlic clovesLentils ( I use the bag with seasoning)Ground beefItalian sausage (cut into bite size)water
- A- cook the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the ground beef and sausage. cook until browned and cooked through ( I use a large soup pot so I can throw everything in and save on clean up later)B- add the carrots and celery and cook until softC- add the water (again eye ball it I fill it about halfway up the pot)D- add the lentils with the seasoning and give it a good stirE- let it simmer for a few hours while watching the water levels- don’t let it get too low. I always keep it halfway up the potF- season with salt and pepper during the cooking process- just go by your tasteG- Enjoy with some crusty bread for dipping or not